Popular Posts

Thursday, May 26, 2005

In Mourning

One of the things Channel D and I share is our love for Joan of Arcadia: its plot, music and witty banter between God (in whatever form He/She appears as... Mine personally, I like cute God) and Joan.

And when I thought I was finally going to see Joan face a guy who's her equal but opposite! (And yes, I do mean he's a cutie who believes in The Dark Side).

Sadly, CBS said, "No".

So, no more Anna Nalick. No more Rilo Kiley. No more Damien Rice. Gone is the show that showcases up and comers who have little or no outlet to promote their wares.

However, you won't see me watch The OC again even if Adam Brody's character is phenomenal.

If you're like me, in mourning for shows you've loved and have disappeared or are curious whether or not your show's coming back or have been moved, check out Laurel's breakdown of this fall's line up. It really puts your TV world in perspective.

And to you, JoA, thank you for a great 2 seasons.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Yeah, I agree. I love Adam Brody and his lisp, but The O.C. is too painful to watch. I want him to come back and play Dave some more!

I'm going to miss JoC. It was a great show, even if it did lose something near the end. It was nice while it lasted, I suppose.

I am completely and totally obsessed with Damien Rice! I have been for about a year and a half now, since a friend of mine went to Ireland to visit her Grandparents, and came back with the cd. He is amazing, but I don't remember him on JoC. That show did have the great music, didn't it?

Katherine