Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Winding Down TV

TV scriptwriters, where did you go?

When the writers' strike took place 2 years ago, I was hoping THIS event would revolutionize (if not make writers) write scripts WE, the viewers, would care about.  

Sadly, this has not been the case.

Bloggers had become the writers for shows like In the Motherhood. Reality TV is still generating ratings, and Heroes, for what it's worth, tried to relaunch itself 3 times, and yet, failed to get viewers to come back and watch. Here's how this season ended.

I am disappointed. Samantha Who? may now be canceled, one of the wittier and funnier comedies this past season. I don't know if Better off Ted will survive the cut.  Chuck, the show that had the most awesome ending last night still has to be renewed (did you buy your Subway sandwich and leave a "Save Chuck" note in the comment box?) Castle may have a chance of being picked up since it held up its share of viewers (albeit only coming second to CSI: Miami). I don't know if I'm the only one who still watched The Unusuals.

The Big 4 are struggling and they're not helping their cause by filling their slots with brain-dead shows, and 24/7 crime dramas. 

I think it's time for me to join the No TV cause and just catch shows on DVD or online. Otherwise, I will be stuck wishing for better TV.

So, what do you suggest I read this summer???

No comments: