Popular Posts

Sunday, June 05, 2005

End My Misery

So what do you have planned for Father's Day?

Me, not much except that I have to go watch Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan. That's the fam's present to the papa.

GACK!

You know, I am not a music hater. Really. It's just that I am not a big fan of theirs. And the fact that they aren't my faves that spending $50 a ticket is just a waste.

What is it about feeling indebted to someone that rituals like this makes life suckier and suckier?

I love my FIL. He is great but I'd prefer to buy him bullets for his shotgun or a new hunting outfit to say the least but spending all that money on something I really didn't want to do is more than just misery.

Someone, anyone, if you like these two performers and could pass for me, please take my spot.

I would be eternally grateful.

I'm just glad that my dad just likes a phone call and card from me. He's easy to please and I love that.

2 comments:

Amy Beth Johnson said...

lol. I can TOTALLY empathize with you. Except that my M-I-L does stuff like that and then says it's for me. . . take my graduation. An excuse for her family to get together. My second wedding reception--a huge party for her friends. My b-day? the day before hers and we celebrate doing whatever it is they do for her. I just try to stay out of it.

As for B. Dylan and W. Nelson. Uh, well, they are classics. Maybe think of it as a music history lesson? Sorry, man. I like country music and all, but I've never been able to understand Dylan. Though one of my friends does a wicked funny impression of him. :) It might be worth the fifty bucks.

Oh, and my Dad's easy. I send a funny card and he gets a call. A short call--he hates the phone.

amy

Amy Beth Johnson said...

oh, crap. I forgot--I'm taking you up on that beta offer--I'll send you something (not wholly complete, but a good start) this weekish. To make sure it's not total crap and needing to head to the trash bin.

amy