The winter season had finally kicked in here at the East Coast.
Big freaking deal, right?
Yes, it is a big deal. I am not a snow lover. It has its moments but I could have it fall overnight, have the sun shine the next day and melt it. No black (or block) ice, no wet shoes, no salt stains on my leather boots.
I hope the Ickle gals share some of my sentiment. DeAnn, I hope IL was left in a better shape other than that of one giant sheet of ice.
Here are the things I hate about the winter season. Feel free to add to it.
1. Plowing your driveway only to have the street snowplower erect a new wall of snow back in your shoveled driveway. I don't mean an inch. I mean off-roading, I can ski this hill kind of wall.
2. Driving behind people who have over 8 inches of snow on the hood and roof of their cars and making all the people driving behind them suffer. Yes, I know you don't care if you die, you maggot, but be considerate. The people behind you don't share the same death wish.
3. Drivers who drive in snow like it was a dry, sunny day. There is a reason why safe drivers put a car and a half space between other cars while driving over sheets of ice. It's not an invite for you to "slide" in. It's so that the other person doesn't get rear-ended, you moron.
4. SUV drivers that straddle parking spaces. Better yet, SUV owners that happen to park CLOSEST to the entrance of almost every establishment. Weren't you guys supposed to be the health conscious, I walk anywhere to stay energized healthy? Oh yeah, that hate I have for these vehicle owners is all year round. My bad.
5. Having to go to work while everyone else is playing in the snow. Or school. Hell, I don't like being out in the snow. Period.