Popular Posts

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Slumber Parties

You can never be too old to have a slumber party.

A lot of people would disagree with me when it comes to this statement but bear with me.

What really is a slumber party?

It's a get together of friends that reminds them of their youth, looking back at what they have accomplished, what they're currently accomplishing, and what they hope to accomplish.

Slumber parties aren't limited to shrieking pre-teens who end up painting toe nails or crank calling boys. They encompass even the women (or men, however, the male gender prefers having Boys' Night Out) who seek what is natural: comfort food (can anyone say 'ice cream'?), a good laugh, sometimes a healthy dose of tears, and for the over 21, drinks. A lot of it.

Slumber parties are associated with good times, comfortable sleep wear (although I still have to attend a slumber party that would allow me to sleep before five AM) and conversation that my mother would call taboo.

And yes, I still admit that I would never tell my mom whatever my friends and I have discussed during the giggling sessions behind closed doors.

I am glad that I was able to share a slumber party moment with Tickle Me and Pickle Me last night/this morning. I haven't felt this relaxed in a long time despite the lack of sleep. Despite the drowsiness I am currently experiencing, I would've not traded the experience for the world.

If there is one thing slumber parties have taught me, it would've been cherishing friends. Friends are people we often take for granted not because we are insensitive but because we always know they'll always be there when we need them.

So once again, I want to say thank you, not just to A and K, but to all my girlfriends who were in my mind last night while we were chatting the night away. You all mean so much to me and I won't be able to say how much you all made me the person I currently am.

So now, go on. Have your slumber party or your Boys' Night Out. You'll thank me for it later.

2 comments:

rosie4299 said...

Aw! You love us!

Last night, or this morning to be more accurate, was a blast. I haven't had a slumber party in forever and a day, and that one was so much fun. I can't wait til Ames comes back, and we can do it again!

K (Tickle Me!)

Amy Beth Johnson said...

Like we wouldn't have crank called boys had we been in the same room!

Mmm. Ice cream. Pickles and Ice Cream. ;)

So, I'm back, and I'll blog about the fun I had at the Fourth, Take Three.

a